Gambling Responsibly at Red Wind Casino
Red Wind Casino has implemented a Responsible Gaming Policy to ensure that guests can make informed decisions regarding their gaming activities, minimize potential impact to guests experiencing problem gambling, and ensure Red Wind Team Members have the tools to address the needs of all our guests. The information shared is part of our commitment to responsible gaming.
As a brief summary, our Responsible Gaming Policy addresses the following:
- A training program for our Team Members on our Responsible Gaming Policy, which includes recognizing the signs of problem gambling behavior and assisting guests requesting problem gambling resources.
- Marketing and advertising policy which adopts industry best practices for advertising responsibly, including the addition of responsible gaming language on print and electronic media.
- Policy and specific training on addressing minors attempting to gamble, or otherwise left unattended on casino property.
- Process for referring apparently intoxicated guests to the appropriate Team Members for evaluation and response.
- Accommodating guest self-exclusion requests.
Nisqually Tribal Gaming Agency Self-Exclusion Procedure
- The Nisqually Tribal Gaming Agency will provide the required self-exclusion forms.
- The guest requesting self-exclusion must complete the entire form with the exception to the signature areas. The process will require a short meeting with this agency and, at that time, the form must be signed in the presence of a Nisqually Tribal Gaming Agent or designee.
- A current color copy of a driver's license or clearly identifiable photo must accompany the self-exclusion form.
- The exclusion is in effect immediately upon completion of the form and is irrevocable.
- All original self-exclusion forms will be maintained by the Nisqually Tribal Gaming Agency.
- The Nisqually Tribal Gaming Agency shall prohibit the Gaming Facility Operator from paying any hand-paid jackpot to a patron who is on the Nisqually Tribal Gaming Agency self-exclusion list. Any jackpot won by a patron on this list will be donated to a tribal, local, or Washington state charity.
- For any further information, call: 360-486-8504, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Randomness refers to an event happening by chance. Casino gaming relies on this randomness to determine game outcomes.
Examples of randomness in the casino include:
- Using a computerized slots system to determine a random game outcome on a slot machine
- Rolling two dice on a craps table
- Shuffling (by hand or with a shuffle machine) one or several decks of cards
- Spinning a roulette ball around a roulette wheel
- Selecting keno balls from a randomly tumbling assortment
Some gamblers may attempt to create strategies or systems in an attempt to predict the outcome of future games, such as tracking numbers on the roulette wheel. Some gamblers believe that if one or several numbers have "hit" recently, they will not soon come up again. However, randomness is not influenced by previous outcomes, and tracking strategies such as these don't have any impact in determining future results.
Probability in casino gaming refers to the chances of one selected outcome occurring (for example, a winning game on a slot machine) as compared against all possible outcomes (including those that result in a loss). In an extremely simplified example, if you were to bet on a coin flip coming up heads, the probability of winning would be one in two (one winning outcome out of two possible outcomes - heads or tails) or 50%. Odds of winning is a representation of the total number of winning outcomes weighed against all possible outcomes.
In casino gaming, odds of winning on a particular game (whether slots, table games, keno, etc.) are determined by comparing the probability of thousands or even millions of possible outcomes. It is important to remember that game randomness means that guests will see unpredictable results. A slot machine may be programmed to pay back nearly all money played into it, but this is determined over the lifetime of the machine. Randomness means that the majority of payouts could be won by guests soon after the machine is offered for gaming, the machine could go long periods of time without significant payouts, or anywhere in between.
Will You Be Next?